Saltar a contenido

KLX 292cc EJK fuel controller

Nikolaj

Hello 2y4!

Apologize for writing in English, but I dont know where else to go and ask! All the English forums have only stuff about carburator KLX!

If someone wants to translate into Spanish, feel free :)

I have a Kawasaki KLX250 EFI with a 292cc bigbore kit and EJK fuel controller from Dobeck performance.

The stock setting son the fuel controller seem to be wrong though. Stock settings seem way too rich for the 292cc kit. I've tried turning it down but I do not know much about tuning and air/fuel ratios.

Does anyone else use EJK fuel controller and want to share their settings?

Would be much appreciated

Nikolaj

Denmark

Enlace al post
Compartir en otros sitios

Hi Nikolaj, our friend Jeffward also has installed a 292cc kit, in his case he uses a Power Commander PC5 inyection module, perhaps he can send you the air/fuel mix maps. I have ridden his bike and it responds correctly to the throttle, no gaps, no tottering or fluctuation. Stock maps in your EJK module are meant to work on 250 cc stock bikes, that's why in your case it does not work correctly. Your bike needs more fuel, thats's pretty clear.

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/

When green led blinks, press + to add more fuel, i would guess position 3 is fine.

When yellow led blinks, press + to add more fuel, i guess position 4-5 is fine.

When red led blinks, press + to add more fuel, position 5 optimal i guess.

THis is dedicated to Jeff:

Román , mándale a este hombre tus mapas de inyección, que parece ser que la moto se le ahoga o no ha dado con los parámetros de mezcla adecuados.

Enlace al post

Hola ectolin and thanks for your quick answer :)

I know Jeffward used to post on another forum I go to and I am aware that the powercommander works flawlessly. I am currently debating whether I should buy one and ditch the EJK. However, I want to give the EJK a chance first. I got it for cheap so its worth a shot.

The EJK controller I have, is NOT for the stock KLX250, but for the big bore KLX250 (they make two units)

They write its for the 300cc big bore, but I think it may have been made for the 331cc because my jetting was WAY too rich with the stock settings (I got only 17km/l). I have already contacted the manufacturer, but because they are in the USA and have no EFI klx to test it on, they canot tell me anything but to play around with the settings.

My bike runs with no problem, but I think its rich down low and lean up top. The fuel economy is also off.

So thats why I am hoping someone else has a big bore KLX with the EJK unit, so I can compare settings.

Enlace al post

Yeah I know how to adjust it and I have also adjusted it somewhat based on e-mail correspondance with Dobeck (Nice people!). However, I am still not getting the fuel economy that other people report with similar setup, which leads me to believe that I am running too rich somewhere.

I have been slowly changing one setting at a time to see if the bike runs better and try to lean it out. Im still getting bad fuel economy(20km/l), even though the bike is pretty much as lean as it can get via the settings and without the bike starting to run poorly.

Thats why I am looking for other people who have experiences with this unit

Best regards

Nikolaj

Denmark

Enlace al post

According to Jeffward, his fuel economy has also dropped quite a bit.....Until the reserve, he is able to make about 100 km, just like you do.... With the Power Commander he is able to change between two maps while riding. He has another map which is aimed at saving fuel when the bike hits the reserve.

Enlace al post

Thats about the same as me, but what I am reading is that other people with Carb and 300cc or even 331cc or 351cc recieve better fuel economy, so that had me puzzled.

I guess there is no way to find out unless I get it on a dyno with a/f reading. I was just hoping that maybe somewhere on the world wide web, someone had already done that and could pass me his settings :)

Enlace al post
  • 2 weeks later...

Acabo de ver el post.

Los mapas de la PowerComander no son compatibles con la centralita EJK. No son iguales y no tienen nada en común.

Te recomiendo que enriquezcas la apertura del gas un 20/25% desde 1000rpm hasta 4/5000 rpm y pruebes.

A partir de 7000rpm no es necesario que sumes mucha gasolina. Se puede mantener con los valores standard.

Debes enriquecer la mezcla especialmente en la gama baja de rpm.

Enlace al post

¡Navega sin publicidad en 2y4t!
Registra una cuenta o conéctate para comentar

Debes ser un miembro de la comunidad para dejar un comentario

Crear una cuenta

Regístrate en nuestra comunidad. ¡Es fácil!

Registrar una cuenta nueva

Iniciar Sesión

¿Ya tienes cuenta? Conéctate aquí.

Iniciar Sesión